Monday, December 12, 2011

Singapore 12/12-12/18/11

Singapore Photo Album Here.

During my third year in college, I shared an apartment with 3 other girls. One of them, was the amazing Wen. Wen lives in Singapore and I'd be completely insane if I didn't take the opportunity to visit her while I had the time to in Asia (yay unemployment...!). I had to get my tickets last minute because I was unsure of my itinerary. Thankfully, Kayak found a good deal through Jetstar Airways. I would highly recommend this airline. They're new, but their plane is clean, they take off on-time or early due to a strict check-in policy, and they offer competitive fares. The red-eye flight from Hong Kong to Singapore was almost 4 hours and cost $225.

I wrote down the places where I went so I would remember to write about them, but the SD card on my phone crashed and I lost all the data. I'll try my best to re-piece this trip.

Orchard Road - They don't mess around with Christmas.
Packing is easy when you're going to hot and humid Singapore. There seems to be only one pick up area but I still decided to find payphone, located on the second floor, to call Wen. Relaxed, ate some good food at her home, watched TV, baked matcha green tea cupcakes with her sis,  and in the early evening we went for a stroll at the Singapore Botanical Gardens nearby. Being Christmas season, the Garden was adorned by numerous Christmas trees decorated by different organizations. With that Christmas spirit in mind, we took a drive through Orchard Road to see how they decorated it for Christmas (so bright, possible cause of an energy crisis) and I got to see a pedestrian, or car-estrian, view of the downtown area buildings. I'm not sure which was more extravagant, Orchard Road or Wen's neighbor's Christmas-decorated-house from down the street (see photo). I surely enjoyed seeing both :) The first and best meal of the trip goes to Chat Masala Too! Awesome Indian restaurant who gets the spices just right and makes delicious naans in different flavors.


This is a house decorated with Christmas lights. See my album for the video footage you don't want to miss.


No comments:

Post a Comment