Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Singapore : Day 2

* signifies my star rating for the restaurant
 

Singapore, Tuesday 12/13
Started the day like a champion with brunch at Hatched ****  (Had the Eggs Benedict). Partook in a brief shopping run on Orchard Road (the street famous for its nice shopping malls and stores) where Wen got some art supplies.

Tree Top Walk was unfortunately closed for renovations. It is a short hike where you walk through a 250m aerial free-standing suspension bridge that is built through a secondary forest. We did the Canopy Walk instead. Super easy walk that offers plenty of peace and quiet. We got duck rice afterwards at Lim Seng Lee Duck Rice & Porridge nearby. ***** It was delicious in its own category.

At night I was whisked away and taken into town to see the Aladdin Musical. The theater company that does it embedded Singaporean humor into it. I had a blast. Thought it was very entertaining and I was happy to have had the opportunity to glimpse into the Singaporean quirks and note the heavy Malay influence as well.

After the show we ate at a Chinese (?) restaurant where you select a bunch of different small plates. I have no idea where it is or what it was called or what I had. Everyone really liked it though and I tried Tiger beer.

Topped the night off by watched Midnight in Paris with the Tang girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment