Thursday, January 13, 2011

New York, New York: Day 1 - A Warm Welcome in below 0 degree Celsius

I'm so glad that Brian and I were able to get time off from work to enjoy the holiday weekend in New York.

It was my first time flying Jet Blue. I can confirm the rumors to be true: more leg room, better snacks, enough on flight entertainment to keep you, well, entertained.

Flying when you're sick is as awful as people say it is. The changes in air pressure make you feel like your eardrums are going to burst. Take care of your health if you know you will be flying.

Our first stop was Patrick's place. Patrick is Brian's awesome brother who got Brian the best birthday gift ever: our visit to New York. There to meet us was also Patrick's girlfriend, Cindy. Soon after our arrival, the fantastic four of us walked a few blocks to a late dinner at Ippudo, in the East Village. I love ramen and it was a freezing night, so Ippudo was perfect. The decoration was somewhat contemporary and I sat facing this large artwork picture created out of beads that I really liked. People line up for 2 hours during peak-times to get a bite in at Ippudo and I am pleased to say that the vibe and food lived up to its fame AND we were seated right away because we were there at 11pm on a Thursday night.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment