Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hong Kong



This is my third time in Hong Kong. It is a nice city to dine in, but I disliked many of my experiences there interacting with strangers or workers. I arrived at HKG early in the morning after a red eye flight, and took the subway to Kowloon. I embarked on the free hotel shuttle to the Intercontinental and explicitly told the driver where I was going. I was 1 of 2 passengers, and after he dropped the first guy off, he drove to another hotel and dropped me off. I got off the shuttle and went into the hotel only to realize he took me to the wrong hotel! It was a bit my fault for not checking where I was before getting off the bus, but a lot his fault for driving to that hotel for no reason and telling me we arrived (I was the only passenger left and he wasn't picking up anyone).


View from Intercontinental Hong Kong Restaurant
I was a 10-minute-drive away from the correct hotel, which made me pretty mad that he was so off. I took a cab to the Intercontinental Hong Kong, where my dad and I agreed to meet for breakfast. The I/C's Harbourside cafe has a great view and fresh food, but bad coffee.


We walked out to the Avenue of the Stars for a little stroll. The panorama sight there is incredible still.


I decided that's all I wanted to do in Hong Kong that day and was ready to see Macau next. However, it was already noon and we missed the ferry. Thank goodness - I was beat! Just wanted to go home and relax in good ol' Shenzhen.

Hong Kong (view from Ave of the Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment